June 2, 2011

Flatforms

Jane from Sea of Shoes
So - I first fell in love with the concept of todays post more than a year ago when I laid my eyes on these beauties.  They are the Celine clogs and it started my long love affair with all things wooden in footwear (my cupboard is now full of wooden clog wedges!!).

They were probably the first of iteration of the phenomena currently known as the flatform!
A platform wedge construction that is rather chunky and flat in profile.

Cacharel Wedges




Then Phillip Lim had his Summer '11 show and his models came down the runway in a range of flatform constructions. This really set the trend for the summer season and many designers have also launched their take on the look. I predict that this look is going to be big, big, big with fashionistas everywhere.

WhoWhatWear's post of Flatforms


Topshop's Panama Premium Espadrille Flatforms
My very own pair of flatforms bought on my recent trip to Hong Kong, snapped here in my hotel room - perfect for summer and my denim shorts!
And the Foschini supply base has also been working at developing the look for launch into retail this coming summer. Here are the versions that are available to be bought......










No comments:

Post a Comment