March 1, 2011

My Two New 'Crushes': Cate Blanchett's Immaculate Style and Acid Yellow


Award season came to a close last night with the grand finale of the Oscars.
I spent three glorious, self indulgent 'me' hours on my coach, glued to my PVR with E's Live from the Red Carpet & then the actual show on MNet. There were many beauties that made me ooh and aah, but my absolute best of the night was the ever exquisite Miss Blanchett and this gorgeous Givenchy creation!! Cate always oozes impeccable style, and last night was no exception. The light light dove grey colour, the pleated skirt, the almost armour inspired shape of the beading and the pop of the acid yellow was just simply to die for!

The acid colour palette is something that is being spotted in a few ranges for Summer '11.
I think the yellow shade has to be is my fave to date. So here are a few shoe finds in this fresh feeling......

Diane von Furstenberg Eva Suede Peep-toe Platforms

Loeffler Randall Crisscross Mesh Sandals

Christopher Kane Leather Platform Sandals

A double page from the JCrew Feb catalogue also shows their latest love affair with acid brights - love how they mix them with the soft greys, camels and metallic on the flats!!


No comments:

Post a Comment